Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Variations on salad and sushi

Salad

This time I added snap peas and celery to the salad. YUM! The crunch is amazing.. and the spices.. you won't forget this salad.

Photobucket


Sushi

My husband thinks the almonds are irritating his mouth.. maybe they're too rough. So, I made the raw rice mixture with cashews, instead of almonds. Success! Just change the nut you use to get a slightly different texture. I doubt you could go wrong with this recipe. Really.

(Left, original raw rice recipe. Right, made with cashews.)

Photobucket

Enjoy the original recipe:

Photobucket

Or try with cashews~

Photobucket

Don't forget to make some of your sushi with just avocado - it's great! Then, make others with sliced celery, red bell pepper and cucumber. Mix it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.