Thursday, September 17, 2009

Raw day 14 - snacks for the weekend

We're heading out of town this weekend so I wanted to make sure we had raw snacks to bring! We'll need some breakfast foods and snacks for the trip. So, here's what I came up with:

1) Peanut-butter banana bites

1 1/2+ c raw peanut meal
1/3 c flax meal
1 large banana (maybe 2, if you need more moisture)
4 T raw agave nectar

I made this one up, so I'm not sure how they're going to turn out.. but they smell fantastic and the batter tastes great, too! I just made small-ish sized balls and put them in the dehydrator at 110. I plan to leave them in for about 5 hours.


2) Strawberry muffins (though I don't have any muffin cups at the moment, so these are just big muffin balls)

1 2/3 c almond meal
1 c flax meal
1/4 t sea salt
2 T agave
1 T vanilla extract
1 T olive oil
1 1/2 c fresh or frozen chopped strawberries or whole blueberries
up to 1/3 c water

This is Ani Phyo's blueberry muffin recipe.. but my husband won't eat blueberries for some reason, so I substituted chopped strawberries. These smell SOOOO good right now. There's a glaze recipe, too.. but since I wasn't putting these in muffin cups I won't be making a glaze this time. I can't wait to try them!

Photobucket


3) Simple oat snack bar

1 c dates
1 c oats
1 T cinnamon, to taste

I made 3 large bars that we can share, so we don't have to carry a bunch of small bars. But if I was making these just for me I would make 6 bars. Just blend the dates in the food processor until they've been chopped into small bits (they will probably stick together at this point.) Then put them in a bowl and hand-mix in the oats and cinnamon. Put your desired amount onto a sheet of plastic wrap and fold into a bar shape. Keep in the fridge until you're ready to enjoy them. That's it!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.