Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ani Phyo's amazing raw toast

So, I spent $10 bucks on a bag of organic goji berries. I wanted to splurge.

Photobucket

Does that sound like a lot of money for one bag of berries? Maybe. But I don't think so. My toast recipe that will last me over a week only called for 1/3 c of these amazing goji berries. They're not just tasty - but unbelievably good for you, too! TONS of vitamin A (the spectrum, not bad-for-you vitamin A you get from a vitamin pill), iron and loads of vitamin C, too. Can you beat that? No way!

I can throw some berries on my salad, in a snack mix or save them for my toast. Either way, this $10 will go a loooooooooong way.

They made my toast batter beautiful.. and I know they'll make it taste great, too. Tomorrow I'm having an almond butter and fruit sandwich on this toast. (I'll post the results then!)

They were so easy to make.. I recommend Ani Phyo's dessert book to anyone. Get this book!!!!

Photobucket

This bread is full of goji berries, buckwheat groats, sesame seeds and the omega-3-champion flax. You can't go wrong!

As always, I spread the dough (which was measured exactly to fill one excalibur tray, I love that!) and dehydrated for 4 hours. I flipped it onto another sheet, scored the dough so it'll be easy to snap into slices when it's done and put it back in the dehydrator for another 5+ hours.

Photobucket

I actually ended up leaving them in the dehydrator for another 8 hours, overnight.. because I also had my eggplant bacon in there. You can dehydrate your bread until it is barely dry - it should keep in the fridge for almost a week. If you dry it completely, the fruit will be chewier and the bread will store for weeks in an airtight container.

OH MY WOW! This will make fantastic toast in the morning, as well as (I'm sure) the best pb&J sandwiches ever! You know, I've got to figure out a way to make this bread salty instead of sweet. I love this toast and prefer toasted bread to soft bread most of the time. Do you have any ideas for the raisin and goji berry replacements to make this a salty bread??

Photobucket

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.