Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ani Phyo's raw sun burger

These are in the dehydrator right now.. and smell like pizza! I can't wait to try them tonight. They should be done in an hour. Yay!

Makes 4 burgers

Ingredients:

2 stalks celery
1/4 c onion
1/2 c red bell pepper
1 t sea salt
2 t oregano, fresh or dried
1 c sunflower seeds
1/2 c flax seeds, ground
slightly less than 1/2 c water

Rather than chopping these ingredients, I threw them all into my food processor and blended until everything was only slightly chunky.

Now, simply place on your keflex sheet and form into 4 patties. Her directions didn't say to flip the burgers but while I was flipping the bread just now, I decided to flip the patties, too. That's when I took this photo.. and why they're slightly wet on top:

Photobucket

These will keep for 2 days in the fridge.

**REMEMBER: raw foods don't have a long shelf life.. and for good reason, too. Fresh, healthy foods SHOULD expire. They shouldn't be able to sit on your shelf or in your fridge for weeks or months and still be edible. Clearly, if food can last that long then there must be preservatives and ingredients that you probably don't want in your body in the first place.**

I can't wait to experiment with the burger ingredients!.. I'll post my future experiments soon. I'm a huge fan of burgers and so glad to have found such a wonderful smelling, beautiful raw burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.