Saturday, February 7, 2009

Strawberries with raw whipped cream

Looking for something sweet, I decided to try a raw whipped cream recipe. I only changed it a little:

1 cup pecans, soaked 4 hours
1/2 c sunflower seeds, soaked 4 hours
Juice of 1 orange + juice of 1/3 lemon
3 dates
Up to 1/2 cup water
BLEND completely



You can blend the whipped cream and put it in the fridge during dinner... but when you do this, the citrus flavors become stronger. So I'd suggest using your favorite juice instead of (citrus) orange or lemon. I was thinking that next time we'd use grape juice or maybe just water with vanilla, to make it just a sweet, vanilla-y cream. This would be great on top of a pie!

This version was great.. I just wasn't expecting it to be so lemon-y!



Another guilt-free, sweet treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.