Monday, April 25, 2011

Easy raw oatmeal breakfast or snack cookies

P4241206

Raw cookies are absolutely amazing. They're easy to make, ready in just a minute. Though you can dehydrate for a few hours to thicken them up or melt your (not raw) chocolate chips.

Store in the fridge in a sealed container. Yummy! Cookies for breakfast? Yes, please!


INGREDIENTS

VERSION 1:
1 c raw oats, broken apart in your food processor/blender
3/4 c dates
1/4 c raisins
cinnamon

VERSION 2:
1 c raw oats, broken apart in your food processor/blender
1 c dates
1/4 c chocolate chips
cinnamon


Either way you go, these are easy. Unfortunately, my food processor blades are clearly dull. I had no idea until I tried to crack my raw oats! They just stirred them around.

Don't worry, raw oats are quite tasty and easy to chew. Yum.

Blend dates and oats well.

Add cinnamon and raisins or cinnamon and chocolate chips - by hand.

Squish, squish. Roll, roll.

NOTE: They're easy to make if you use wax paper. These are very, very sticky so the wax paper helps keep it under control. I did have to wash my cookie cutter halfway through to remove the stickiness. Also, I added a handful of regular oats (like you'd buy for oatmeal) to the last half of the chocolate chip cookie batch. They were just so sticky that I couldn't roll out the dough! I mixed in the oats and used them to keep everything from sticking.

Use your favorite cookie cutter. Put on dehydrator sheet, if you want to squish your chocolate cookies. It makes them melty and you can serve them warm out of the dehydrator. Yummy!

Store in the fridge in a sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.