Monday, October 25, 2010

Tofu salad

I love tofu. I just do. I love Rumbi's fried silken tofu (which I didn't think I would like!), I love Asian-style pressed tofu (which you can purchase at almost any Asian market) or order from Pei Wei and I especially love firm tofu. We fry it, stir-fry and bake it. It's sooooo good.

We used to get a wonderful balsamic vinegar tofu sandwich in Salt Lake City and we now use balsamic vinegar on a lot of our tofu dishes.

First, drain and slice your tofu. Now you can marinate it in a container with balsamic vinegar and a little oil. Leave it in the fridge for a few hours or a few days. Just turn it over so all pieces can marinate evenly.

PA127678

Bake in a cast-iron skillet between 350-400 degrees. Flip periodically. Cook just a little or until medium or well done! It's your choice.

PA117674

Balsamic tofu is great with goddess dressing.. or just add a little more balsamic and oil to your salad. We eat this ALL the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.