Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Best raw corn chips I've ever made

These are so simple! (Sorry for the low picture quality. I can't find my camera battery so had to use my phone.)

These measurements are approximate. That's really the only way to have great food. You have to add spices that YOU prefer.

Approximate Ingredients:
4 cups corn, frozen or fresh
about 1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons of garlic
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
almost 2/3 teaspoon cayenne (Remember, I like spicy!)

Sprinkle on top of chips:
ground red chili peppers, fresh if possible
1 lime

I put the first six ingredients into my food processor. Then I blended until it stopped. At this point I had to add water to get it to continue mixing. I didn't want a watery consistency but I did want it all to be smooth.

So, blend blend blend. You could actually do this in a blender if you want really smooth chips. (And my blender broke many months ago and we only just bought a new one yesterday so I haven't even begun using it yet.)

Once these are smooth and wet enough to be spread on your keflex sheet, do it. I used two sheets but they weren't completely covered with the dough. I spread it out, trying to reach 1/8 inch thickness. The centers were thicker and that was fine.

Now, score into triangles or whatever shape you prefer.

THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT: Right after you've scored your chips, don't forget to squeeze lime alllllllllll over the chips. Then, I sprinkled with ground red peppers for an extra kick. This was a great idea - and the chips are soooo yummy! This is a 1000% improvement on my original corn chip.

photo-10

Can you see the red chili peppers? They make the chip! I think next time I'll even add MORE lime, maybe into the batter, too. Go wild.

Enough rambling. Try these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.