Monday, October 25, 2010

Apple Breakfast cobbler

My husband can't eat breakfast as soon as he wakes, so I have to make foods that he can take to work and eat an hour or two later. So, here is one of my fruity breakfast cobblers. He loves them!

Ingredients:
Whole wheat flour 1/2 c
Oats 1/2 c
Raw sugar up to 1/4 c
Margarine or oil 1/2 c
Lots of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
Fruit (This recipe calls for 2 apples)

In a food processor, I mixed 1/2 c flour, 1/2 c oats, a few spoons of sugar plus up to 1/2 c margarine or oil. Pulse until chunky and all pieces are wet.

IMG_0030

You can see I used this much dough for three small glass containers. I split the 2 apples between all containers and covered with dough mixture.

Baked at 350 degrees until fruit is bubbly! Check every 10 minutes. But could take up to 30 minutes.

(NOTE: This was actually too much breakfast for Tyler so I will probably put this much recipe into 4 containers next time so his breakfast isn't so big.) I guess it depends on how much you want to eat in the morning.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.