Thursday, March 11, 2010

Yummy raw sandwiches!

I'm going through my RAW, the UNcook book, by Juliano. There are such beautiful photos and great recipes.. I almost forgot! So, while I'm sprouting what I need for the 'real toast' recipe, I wanted to try some of the other recipes that don't require sprouting. Here goes:

Photobucket

I imagine this sandwich looks slightly different than you're used to. Heck, it was different for me, too.. but YUM!

I'm experimenting with raw cheeses and breads (made in the dehydrator) and here are my first two experiments this week:

Flax Crackers
INGREDIENTS
1 c ground flax seeds
1 c flax seeds
1/3 c chopped red bell pepper
1/3 c fresh cilantro, chopped
2/3 c sun-dried tomatoes
1 1/4 c diced tomatoes
1 t minced jalapeno
1 T minced garlic
1 T olive oil
1 t celtic sea salt

Blend everything but your whole flax seeds in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl and mix-in the whole flax seeds. Spread on teflex sheet and dehydrate at 90'F for 4 hours, or until top is dry. Cut them into desired sizes/shapes and transfer to a mesh sheet. Dehydrate until crisp, about 5 hours.

Photobucket


Cheese Slices (or chips)
INGREDIENTS
1/4 c ground flax seeds
3 c frozen corn kernels
1/2 c chopped cilantro
1 t habanero chili, chopped
1 t minced giner
1 t garlic
dash: curry, salt, paprika
1/2 c fresh-squeezed orange juice
1/4 c olive oil

Blend in food processor until mostly-smooth. Spoon onto dehydrator sheet in big square or circles, for sandwiches. Dehydrate at 100'F for 5 hours or until cheese assumes a chewy-crisp texture.

If you want to make some into chips, just dehydrate until crispy! (That's what I did.)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.