Thursday, January 7, 2010

Raw corn chowder

Adapted from Ani Phyo's Sweet Corn Chowder (pg 122). I added a bit and adapted the serving size.

Serves 1 hungry raw foodie

INGREDIENTS
Base
1/4 c pecans or walnuts
1/4 c cold-pressed olive oil
1/2 c water
1/4 clove garlic
1/2 ear corn, shaved
1/2 avocado, diced
dash salt

Toppings
1/2 ear corn, shaved
1/2 avocado, diced
small handful cilantro leaves, minced
1/4-1/2 t cracked black pepper, cayenne, salt

Photobucket

Blend all base ingredients .

Photobucket

Put your topping ingredients into your bowl. Pour blended base on top! Mix with your spoon to spread pepper, cayenne and salt around.

Photobucket

NOTE: I'm still getting used to cold soups. It's quite good! But I'm not used to a soup being room temp or slightly cold.. I'm working on it. More soups to come! I really this will be an easy way to eat raw, in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.