Saturday, June 9, 2012

Roasted radishes

For the next few months I'll be posting recipes made with whatever our CSA gives us. This time, for our first distribution, we were given garlic scapes and radishes (among other things.) So, I wanted to put them together.

IMGP3686

[roasted veggies with sliced garlic scapes and herbs, served with slightly-sweetened carrots and chard chips]


Serves 2 (as a meal)

INGREDIENTS

1 very large russet potato
6 Brussel sprouts
4 stalks celery
5 radishes (because that's all I had.. you could actually use more)
3-4 garlic scapes
2 T olive oil
Thyme
Rosemary
1/4 c water
Salt and pepper (optional)

DIRECTIONS

First things first: cut your veggies. I made large potato chunks and only sliced the sprouts in half. I thinly sliced the garlic scapes so they could be eaten with each bite of veggies - however, don't be afraid to slice them in 1" long slices. That would be just as delicous.

IMGP3662

Now preheat your oven to 450 degrees.

In a large bowl put your olive oil and spices. I actually saved the salt and pepper until after they were cooked and ready to eat.

Now add your veggies on top of the spice mixtures. Then swirl your veggies until everybody is covered.

IMGP3664

Bake 20-22 minutes (approximately). Remove from oven. Stir and add the 1/4 c water directly into your roasting pan. Return the veggies to the oven for about another 5 minutes.

I served with homemade chard chips, which I made just like kale chips... except that I've sold my dehydrator so I baked in a convection oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, flipping each piece halfway through. *Honestly, kale chips are easier to make and sturdier. But the chard chips sure hit the spot.

We ate all of this alongside a hearty slice of whole grain bread and sweet carrots. What a meal! We will definitely make this every time we get radishes from our wonderful CSA.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.