Saturday, June 9, 2012

Orange-raspberry carrots

I've had this bottle of blush raspberry vinegar for a LONG time and just haven't bothered to open it. Well, tonight I finally did.. and WOW! Flavored vinegars are amazing.

IMGP3686

INGREDIENTS

5 med-large organic carrots (don't even bother peeling.. just rinse and slice)
1 T raw sugar
1/2 t margarine
1/2 t light vinegar (I used blush raspberry)
Juice of 1/4 orange
dash salt

DIRECTIONS

Steam carrots for up to 20 minutes. I like mine pretty soft.

In an easy-to-use mixing bowl mix the remaining ingredients. Once carrots are cooked, put them in the bowl and swirl it around. Once margarine melts, keep stirring and swirling it around until completely covered. Keep warm.

Enjoy immediately if possible but would be just fine reheated.

These are lovely and only lightly sweetened (just how I like them). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.