Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Spicy nut-meat for sandwiches or dips

This one is a work in progress but I really want to experiment with nut meats.

Experiment #1:

I used romaine lettuce for the wrap. Too bad my sprouts weren't completely sprouted.. they would've been great in this!

Nut meat ingredients:
1/4 cup each: pumpkin, sunflower seeds and walnuts
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1/2 head broccoli
2 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked (discard water)
1/4 fresh tomato
2 leaves of kale
Juice of 1/2-1 small lime (I included 1/4 of the meat as well)
1 tsp each: nama shoyu, cayenne, garlic, tumeric, sea salt

Photobucket

I put the nuts into the processor first but I don't know that this was necessary. Maybe if I add them in at the same time as the veggies they will crush as the same rate.

raw nut meat

Or, if you process it as much as I did it makes a great spread for lettuce wraps or sandwiches but makes a great veggie dip, too! If you want it crunchier or more like the raw tacos, just pulse it or make sure you don't over process.

...finished product pictures to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.