Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Irresistible baked tofu

I can't believe I didn't make this years ago!

Ingredients:
Block extra firm or firm tofu
Soy sauce
Optional: vegan worcestershire sauce

Open your tofu and drain off the water. Wrap your tofu in a clean rag or two paper towels. Place on a plate and cover with something moderately heavy, like another plate with a water bottle on top. Let the water drain out of the tofu for at least an hour. You may have to squeeze out your rag during this process.

Now, marinate the tofu in soy and worcestershire sauce in the fridge. Don't overdo it!.. drizzle your tofu, don't drown it. You can marinate for a few hours or overnight.

I use an oil sprayer to spray the baking tray and also spray a layer of oil on top of the tofu. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn the tofu and bake for another 15 minutes. Repeat this process until desired crispness. I bake for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how thick I slice the tofu.

baked tofu

It's great for sandwiches or salads, heated or cold! Trust me, you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.