Friday, January 30, 2009

Two sweet drinks

The point of making your own desserts and smoothies is not to avoid sweets altogether... the point is to feed your body healthy sweets. YES, they do exist!

I discovered aloe vera yesterday.. and it was delicious! In the mood for a smoothie drink I threw my aloe vera (juice and chunks) into the blender. Since I had a few fresh cherries lying around I also threw those in, along with a few spoons of raw sugar. I pulsed a few times and had the most amazing, refreshing drink! Not only is it pretty but it's light and tasty.

Photobucket


We were looking for a sweet, rich and chocolate-y dessert last night so I decided to make a milk shake!

MILK SHAKE
About 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
4 frozen strawberries
4 chopped dates (any variety)
1-2 T raw cocoa
1-2 ice cubes

All you have to do is blend (adding more ice or frozen fruit for a more slushy drink)!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.