Monday, November 2, 2009

Raw creamy cilantro-lime vinaigrette

Let me just say.. YUM! I am so happy with my new blender. It's fantastic! I have so many glass jars that fit it that I can blend a dozen different things in a day if I want!.. without ever washing a glass!

Today we were having a Mexican-inspired salad (my husband was having brown rice and black beans on his) so we wanted to make our usual cilantro-line vinaigrette. But as I was cutting the avocado I realized I should throw some into the blender with the dressing, to see if I could make a creamy version. Score!

Serves 2

INGREDIENTS
juice of 2 limes
up to the same amount of olive oil as lime juice
large handful of cilantro leaves, washed
dash of salt
dash of apple cider vinegar (the more you add, the more vineger-y the dressing will be)
about 1 t raw agave nectar (to balance the vinegar)
1/2 - 3/4 ripe avocado
(NOTE: to make original version of dressing, just leave out the avocado)
(NOTE: to make dressing that isn't a vinaigrette just leave out the vinegar and agave)

Photobucket

Just blend!

Photobucket

I know, this picture looks messy.. but it was unbelievably yummy! I honestly didn't think we could beat our original cilantro-lime vinaigrette.. but we totally did. This is our new favorite.

And because it's raw, we can use as much as we want without any guilt. The dressing is mostly avocado.. no dairy or processed fillers! So, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.