Monday, January 30, 2012

Spaghetti squash enchiladas

Excuse the bad photo.. it's from my cell phone. Shocker, I know.

spaghetti squash enchilada

Really, you could replace this photo with any picture of an enchilada. The end result will depend on how serious you are about your enchiladas. As you can see... I'm not always that particular! Trust me, it tastes just as yummy as a fancy enchilada. BONUS: it's healthy!


INGREDIENTS

1/2 spaghetti squash, cooked
1 can black beans
Carrots
Corn
Tomato
Tortillas
Spices: 3xchili powder, 1xpaprika, 1xonion, 1/2xgarlic, 1xcumin, 1/2xcoriander
Enchilada sauce


DIRECTIONS

First things first: cook your spaghetti squash. I cut it in half (long-wise). Bake at 375 degrees for up to 1.5 hours, face-down in a pan, surrounded by 1/2 inches of water. ** You will have leftovers!

When it's cooked, simply use your fork to remove the spaghetti stranded squash innards. Try a few.. they're yummy.

Meanwhile, cook your beans with some water and the spices -- or simply use a package of taco seasoning if you're too timid to mix your own. (Believe me when I say your own spice mix will be a zillion times better than a package!) You want this juicy, so don't cook off all of your water.

Also, I sliced fresh carrots and water stir-fried with frozen corn for about 20 minutes until carrots were cooked.

Easy: slice your tomato.

Now, just layer your spaghetti squash, seasoned beans, veggies. Cover with a little enchilada sauce. Small pans are good for keeping your enchiladas soaking in a little extra sauce.

Cook at 375 for 20 minutes. Add a little Daiya or Follow Your Heart near the end. I baked for another 8 minutes or so, to melt the cheese.

YUM~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.