Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fruit cobbler

cobbler

Fruit cobblers really don't require a recipe. They're super simple and quick. Throw them together during dinner and you'll have a freshly-cooked, hot, steaming, delicious dessert ready in no time.

Approximate Ingredients & Directions:

Fruit
Oats
Wheat flour
Raw sugar
Cinnamon (if you're using apple)
Margarine


Preheat oven to about 350 degrees.

I used a cast iron skillet (shocker, I know). I filled the pan with frozen/semi-thawed cranberries that I cut in half, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. I recommend adding cranberries to any of your fruit desserts.. they're fantastic! Just remember to cut them in half or they won't cook.

While the fruit was still frozen I mixed 3:1 oats to flour ratio, then started by adding just 1/8-1/4 c sugar to the mix. I cut in the smallest amount of margarine into the mix that I could. Start with 3 T if you're using a large pan. When you spread this oat/flour/sugar/margarine mix onto your fruit, be sure to spread around the margarine pieces.

Bake at 350 for 20+ minutes. Your fruit should start bubbling. If it's not brown enough, pump up the heat to 375-400. If it's browning but you don't think it's cooked, cover in foil and keep cooking.

Don't make it harder than it is. Enjoy your experimental desserts. You will LOVE this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.