Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate-chip Cherry Pancakes

It's been a long few months! We've moved (again) and spent 3 weeks in India. We've been so busy that I've neglected my blog... but no longer.

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

To start, I'd like to share the yummiest, unhealthiest creation we've made in a while: chocolate-chip pancakes with cherries and maple syrup on top. And don't forget your dollop of vegan cream cheese!

P2159845

I'm going to tell you how Tyler made this.. but I don't think you're going to like it. His recipe is just downright funny!

INGREDIENTS

1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 squished banana
baking powder - dip your fork into it, whatever stays on the tines is what you use
sugar - whatever seems reasonable to you
pinch of salt
almond milk - add to make a runny batter
handful of chocolate chips

Really, that's how he does it. If you've made pancakes before, you know how runny the batter actually is. And trust me, you really can't make pancakes the wrong way! Is there a wrong way? Whether sweet or not-so-sweet, pancakes are fantastic.

And we heated frozen cherries and put those onto the pancakes. Then, we mixed some real maple syrup with the cherry juice and poured that onto both our pancakes.

This time we even found some vegan cream cheese that we bought and had in the fridge... it came in handy! Wow. That was the sweetest, richest thing I think I've ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please leave your message here. Appropriate messages will be posted.